Mcafee activates at www.mcafee.com/activate is simple through the retail card. In 3 steps you can get started with McAfee security. 1 >> Enter your code. 2 >> Log in and, 3 >> Get protected. When you go to a retail store or a retail site to buy a McAfee product these days, you are often offered retail cards. Such McAfee retail card allows you to download your security product from the Internet instead of installing it from a CD. The benefit of having a retail card is that you get the most recent version of your product.
How to Redeem/Activate McAfee retail card?
- Read instruction written on Mcafee retail card before to redeem/activate the McAfee security.
- Visit activation link. i.e. www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Fill your 25 digit activation code for McAfee activate. (Look for it on the card you purchased)
- Click On ‘Submit’ button and follow the upcoming instruction.
A McAfee CD or DVD is good in cases where internet connections are slow and downloading your product can be problematic. They are also good if you want to re-install your product quickly for some reason – as they have all the required files in one place. Yet, a DVD does not offer you the benefit of updating its programs and content on its own.
Few tips on how to activate McAfee.
Only a retail card offers you the benefit of getting your hands on the latest product. Here are a few tips on how to activate McAfee on your device through a retail card:
- If a McAfee Security fails to download, install, or activate, you might not be following the given instructions carefully.
- Check if an antivirus program is already installed on your system. Uninstall it and remove it from the system completely.
- Make sure that the latest updates of your operating system are installed on your system, and that they are compatible with your McAfee security product. (You can find the minimum system requirement in the product manual that comes with your retail card or online too).
To redeem the retail card for:
- McAfee MLS (McAfee Live Safe), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mls/retailcard.
- McAfee MAV (McAfee Antivirus Plus), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard.
- McAfee MTP (McAfee Total Protection), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard.
- McAfee MIS (McAfee Internet Security), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mis/retailcard.
- To Activate McAfee, visit http://www.mcafee.com/activate.
Here, you will have to enter all the required details. Create a new account or log in to your existing McAfee account. Choose the antivirus product whose retail card you want to redeem, and click on it to download it.
- You will need the product key to activate McAfee security you have bought. This unique code should be available on the retail card you have. You might also find them in other documents that accompany your McAfee retail cards.