Mcafee activates at www.mcafee.com/activate is simple through retail cards. In 3 steps you can get started with McAfee security. 1 >> Enter your code. 2 >> Log in and, 3 >> Get protected. When you go to a retail store or a retail site to buy a McAfee product these days, you are often offered retail cards. Such McAfee retail card allows you to download your security product from the Internet instead of installing it from a CD. The benefit of having a retail card is that you get the most recent version of your product.
How to Redeem/Activate McAfee retail card?
- Read instruction written on Mcafee retail card before to redeem/activate the McAfee security.
- Visit activation link. i.e. www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Fill your 25 digit activation code for McAfee activate. (Look for it on the card you purchased)
- Click On ‘Submit’ button and follow the upcoming instruction.
A McAfee CD or DVD is good in cases where internet connections are slow and downloading your product can be problematic. They are also good if you want to re-install your product quickly for some reason – as they have all the required files in one place. Yet, a DVD does not offer you the benefit of updating its programs and content on its own.
Few tips on how to activate McAfee.
Only a retail card offers you the benefit of getting your hands on the latest product. Here are a few tips on how to activate McAfee on your device through a retail card:
- If a McAfee Security fails to download, install, or activate, you might not be following the given instructions carefully.
- Check if an antivirus program is already installed on your system. Uninstall it and remove it from the system completely.
- Make sure that the latest updates of your operating system are installed on your system, and that they are compatible with your McAfee security product. (You can find the minimum system requirement in the product manual that comes with your retail card or online too).
- To redeem the retail card for:
- McAfee MLS (McAfee Live Safe), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mls/retailcard.
- McAfee MAV (McAfee Antivirus Plus), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard.
- McAfee MTP (McAfee Total Protection), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard.
- McAfee MIS (McAfee Internet Security), visit http://www.mcafee.com/mis/retailcard.
- To Activate McAfee, visit http://www.mcafee.com/activate
Here, you will have to enter all the required details. Create a new account or log in to your existing McAfee account. Choose the antivirus product whose retail card you want to redeem, and click on it to download it.
- You will need the product key to activate McAfee security you have bought. This unique code should be available on the retail card you have. You might also find them in other documents that accompany your McAfee retailcard.
Common McAfee Installation Errors and Their Solutions
Your account is locked
If you have forgotten your email address or your password, just click on the relevant link to retrieve the information.
Do note that the McAfee does not recognize the multiple forms of the same email address. For example, John18@yahoo.co.uk and John18@yahoo.com will not be recognized as different versions of the same email address.
Similarly, McAfee passwords have only letters and numbers. They do not recognize alphanumeric characters. When you try to retrieve your password, it is sent to your registered email ID.
In case, you still cannot get into your account, contact McAfee Customer Service.
Your subscription expired
You need a valid McAfee subscription to be able to use your product. You can check whether the subscription period of all the McAfee products you have bought through your McAfee account.
At the top of the ‘My Account’ page, click on ‘My Account’ and then, on ‘Subscriptions’. Choose ‘All Expired’ to see which of your security products have expired, and ‘View Active’ to see which ones are still valid.
If the subscription of your McAfee security has expired, you need to ‘Renew’ it to activate it.
Our McAfee installation experts can also help you via live chat to diagnose and troubleshoot the installation issues, and remove any conflicting security software.